[python-win32] Simple Windows progressbar dialog (like messagebox) via Win32 API?

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Thu Sep 30 18:09:16 CEST 2010

I know there is a simple interface to the Windows messagebox
interface.

Is there an equivalent type of simple dialog box for showing a
progressbar or progressbar-like information?

Use case: I have a collection of Python command line utilties
that can take up to several minutes to run. These are utilities
may be called from other applications. Our users have asked
whether these utilities can display a progressbar while they are
running.

Our utilities are very lean right now and easy to distribute and
support. We would like to avoid having to use Tkinter or large
GUI frameworks like wxPython and pyQt if at all possible.

Thank you,
Malcolm