[python-win32] Simple Windows progressbar dialog (like messagebox) via Win32 API?

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 02:06:27 CEST 2010

> I just tried this library on my Windows 7 system and was surprised to
> see an old-fashioned (Windows 95 like) progressbar. Do you have any
> ideas on how I might activate Theme support with this library so the
> progressbar gets displayed using a Windows 7 style look?

I don't think this problem is particular to EasyDialogs. I think you
need what is known as a manifest.
It's another contrived piece-of-crap from Microsoft. There should be
sufficient info on this list or the wxPython list for it, if you
google.
(python gui manifest, or similar terms)
Also check the py2exe list. I can't explain it well enough to help you.