[python-win32] Can't see Python27.dll on Win 7

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Nov 23 23:10:40 CET 2010

Bill Janssen wrote:
> I'm trying to install PyLucene using MinGW on Windows 7.  It keeps
> failing when it tries to load the _jcc.pyd module (JCC is the compiler
> which wraps the Java Lucene library as a Python module).  It fails
> with the notorious
>
> c:\Python27\python.exe: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
>
> So, to figure out what's failing, I fired up depends.exe on _jcc.pyd.
> And I find that the missing DLL appears to be PYTHON27.DLL!

Is that the only missing DLL?  That would already have been loaded by
python.exe, so it should not be a problem.

Here's another option.  It is not well known that the newer versions of
"depends" have a trace mode.  You can launch an executable from inside
"depends", and it will trace all of the DLL loads and unloads.  That
might tell you something.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com