[python-win32] unable to read mssql varchar(max)

Preston Landers planders at gmail.com
Thu May 27 18:18:22 CEST 2010

varchar(max) columns are like CLOBs, character large objects, and I'm not
sure how well that odbc module handles them.   I ended up switching to
pyODBC which does handle them.  Unfortunately it might not be just a drop-in
replacement, and pyODBC does have its own issues.  But so far it's working
pretty well for us.

http://code.google.com/p/pyodbc/