[python-win32] Pywin32+MFC Ok on 7 & Vista, bad on XP ; solved/résolu

Michel Claveau mc at mclaveau.com
Wed Mar 31 12:00:48 CEST 2010

Re!

Sorry for late, but I have work for 35 hours, each day...

The problem was WS_EX_LAYERED.
I used that:

    s=win32gui.GetWindowLong(self.hwnd, win32con.GWL_EXSTYLE)
    win32gui.SetWindowLong(self.hwnd, win32con.GWL_EXSTYLE, s |
win32con.WS_EX_LAYERED)

but WS_EX_LAYERED must not used alone.
The solution is to add a line like:

    win32gui.SetLayeredWindowAttributes(self.hwnd, 0, 255,
win32con.LWA_ALPHA)
(or another usage of  LayeredWindow)

For the size of the script, in few days, I will send the result on the web.
That will interest for some persons, if they can read my bad english (sorry)
or they can read few my french comments...

@-salutations
--
Michel Claveau