[python-win32] How to get Outlook headers

Antony Joseph antonyjoseph89 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 07:07:35 CET 2010

Dear all,

I am trying to read the Message date from Outlook, I get the message date
easily by using  "PR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS" only for the emails sent
over the Internet. If the email was sent internally using exchange the mail
headers are not  exist on this "PR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS".

How to get their headers for internal mails?

Then i tried by using other property "PR_MESSAGE_DELIVERY_TIME" to get the
message date for internal mails.

it returns
(805765184, <PyTime:2/1/2010 6:29:11 AM>)

The time is different from the original Message date is 2/1/2010 12:00:00 PM

Is there any other property for internal mails which allow me to get the
exact message date

regards
Antony