[python-win32] Possible to update exe file properties and/or icon via the win32api library?

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Mon Jul 26 22:31:47 CEST 2010

Is it possible to update an exe file's properties and/or icon
file via the win32api library? By exe file properties I mean the
properties typically set via a resource file when an exe file is
created. Example properties are what one would see if they right
clicked on a file in Windows Explorer and chose the Properties
dialog.

Sample exe file properties:
- product name
- product version
- product description
- copyright
- exe icon
Use case: We have a single exe whose file properties we would
like to customize for specific customers.

An alternative question would be is there a way to update an
exe's file properties using an external resource file?

Or would I be better off finding a Windows utility that might
allow me to script exe resource file updates?

Thank you,
Malcolm