[python-win32] Getting a list of "task buttons" or tasks/windows in the "alt-tab" list?

Lincoln Yeoh lyeoh at pop.jaring.my
Fri Jan 15 18:16:27 CET 2010

At 02:32 AM 1/14/2010, Lincoln Yeoh wrote:

>If three Excel documents are opened, there are four top level Excel
>windows (or at least they appear to be top level to me) - the main,
>and three MS-SDIb ones. But the taskbar and alt-tab list only show 3
>items. What logic should one use to create the same list?

OK I think it might be something to do with the "ITaskList_Deleted"
window property that the main excel window sometimes has and
sometimes doesn't (seems to depend on whether it has MS-SDIb windows or not).

Anyway, I'm now having difficulty checking for that window property
using win32 python.

I can't seem to get user32.GetProp to work for me.

I tried:
rv=ctypes.windll.user32.GetProp(hwnd,'ITaskList_Deleted')

But I get:
   File "C:\Python26\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 366, in __getattr__
     func = self.__getitem__(name)
   File "C:\Python26\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 371, in __getitem__
     func = self._FuncPtr((name_or_ordinal, self))
AttributeError: function 'GetProp' not found

I tried:

rv=ctypes.windll.user32.GetPropA(hwnd,'ITaskList_Deleted')

But I get an ctypes.GetLastError()==2 after that.

Any tips?

Link.