[python-win32] GetDIBits Troubles

McBuell c.steiner at pantherite.ch
Sun Feb 21 15:21:40 CET 2010

Hi there !

I know that GetDIBits is not part of the win32 module, but it seems for me
the best matching forum for my question.

I'm currently trying to capture a screenshot on a Windows XP machine.
Although there are several other ways (ImageGrab of PIL, third party dlls
etc.) I want to try to use the Win32 API to capture it.
As input for my brain, I'm using a working c++ script, that calls some win32
apis.

Although most of my script seems to work without problems, the final call to
GetDIBits
(of the venster.gdi module, which is the only module that includes GetDIBits
as far as I know)
fails (returns 0), without a meeningfull error message. So I'm stuck a
little bit.

Find attached my small script (as mentioned it uses venster which can be
found here:  http://venster.sourceforge.net/htdocs/index.html
http://venster.sourceforge.net/htdocs/index.html ).

Maybe one of you is able to track the error down. Any help is appreciated !

my script:  http://old.nabble.com/file/p27675967/screenshot2.py
screenshot2.py

Greetings from Switzerland,

Claude