[python-win32] zip of file using python

Preston Landers planders at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 01:10:57 CEST 2010

If you plan to do a lot of ZIP file creation from Python, it's usually a
whole lot faster, and may produce smaller files, if you call out to an
external utility to do the compression instead of doing it from within the
Python zipfile module.   You can also pass compression arguments like -9
that produce smaller files.   A while back I wrote a wrapper around zipfile
that can call out to the external program if available, otherwise it falls
back on using internal zipfile. I can send that to you or post it here if it
would help you.

regards,
-Preston