[python-win32] problem with GetModuleFileNameEx in x64

Eric Blade blade.eric at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 00:11:07 CET 2009

Hi! Installed Win 7 x64 (replaced win xp x86) this week.  My python
software (free poker database / fpdb) has been working just fine
since.  However, i start it up today, and now I get:

***Error: get_nt_exe(281): (299, 'GetModuleFileNameEx', 'Only part of
a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.')

This link here http://winprogger.com/?p=26
seems to indicate that that is normal when trying to get process
information about a 32-bit exe from a 64-bit.  However, python is
32-bit, and the exe that i'm trying to get info from is 32-bit.
*shrug*

It also indicates that a newer API called GetProcessImageFileName
should be used.  I don't see this as being within pywin32.  Is it
hidden somewhere?

--
Cheers,
 - Eric