[python-win32] Python for Windows extensions

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Nov 16 19:46:23 CET 2009

Hung Nguyen wrote:
> My name is Hung and have just joined this mailling list. I am currently working on a project involved Python and is evaluating whether or not we can use the Python for Windows extensions for our project. I would like to know if:
>
> 1) the extension works with Python 3k; how well what is the level of support of the extension for Python 3k, etc. Any known issues?
>
> 2) the extension works on Windows x64 platform. Any known issues running on this platform.

Good questions.  I can't address issue #1, but I can tell you that I've
run both the 32-bit and 64-bit builds of Python 2 with the Win32
extensions on Vista 64 and Windows 7 64 without any problems.  As a
driver writer, I do many of my hardware diagnostics in Python, so it's
something I rely on fairly heavily.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com