[python-win32] Probelm with win32api dll load failed

Andrew Spagnoletti andrews at korbitec.com
Mon Mar 30 10:09:58 CEST 2009

Hi,
?
I have developed an application with Python 2.6 and wxPython and prepared the set up using py2exe and InstallJammer.
?
When I generated the installation from ?my Vista machine and then install it on an XP computer (not sure if there is any significance to the Vista -> XP), when I run the installed program on the XP machine I get the following log (note that LegaliteInvoice contains the following import, but so does LegaliteMain ? which calls LegaliteViewTransactions which calls LegaliteInvoice): -
from win32com.client import Dispatch
?
Traceback (most recent call last):
? File "LegaliteMain.pyw", line 13, in <module>
? File "LegaliteViewTransactions.pyc", line 8, in <module>
? File "LegaliteInvoice.pyc", line 7, in <module>
? File "win32com\__init__.pyc", line 5, in <module>
? File "win32api.pyc", line 12, in <module>
? File "win32api.pyc", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.
?
Any ideas?
?

Andrew Spagnoletti