[python-win32] OnCtlColor not working?

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Mar 2 22:34:58 CET 2009

Vernon Cole wrote:

> So, Greg, can we anticipate a python_gui flavor for Windows in native mode?

Yes, it looks like there's a reasonable chance of that
happening fairly soon.

There are actually two possible ways it could go. I
have a partial implementation contributed by one of
my users based on ctypes, but it has some issues,
and programming at the raw win32api level is a bit
much for me to cope with just yet.

So I'm working on an alternative implementation
based on the mfc layer of pywin32. This does mean
an extra dependency, but I consider pywin32 to
be fairly standard equipment and not too much of
an imposition to require. Also it will work with
older versions of Python that don't come with
ctypes.

It's coming along nicely -- tests up to 07 are
working well enough. It's a bit disappointing that
buttons don't play fair with respect to colour
customisation, but not a serious problem.

Now, on to menus...

--
Greg