[python-win32] Shell extension debugging

Gertjan Klein gklein at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 30 16:16:38 CEST 2009

Randy Syring wrote:

>Maybe I am missing something, but I use the "Open Command Window Here"
>power toy from:

You're missing something. ;-) I have used that one too, for years, and
it works reasonably well -- until you have multiple Python versions
installed, and want to compile extensions for all of them. That means
setting up different compiler environments.  I currently have two: one
for VS.NET 2003, and one for VS2008.  Occasionally, I want to experiment
with Cygwin/Mingw as well; that would make three. I'm sure I'll come up
with more once I get this extension working. ;)

For organisational purposes, I'd like all these different command
prompts grouped in a submenu as well. It just seems like a nice tool to
have, and something "real" to play with pywin32 as well.

Gertjan.