[python-win32] ImportError: No module named win32file

Iman Darabi iman.darabi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 10:52:06 CEST 2009

hi .
i'm using pyserial 2.4 to work with some device via serial port . in linux
have no prob with that ( because no pywin32 is needed ) but because i should
write my program portable on both win and linux so tried to test it in win
... . installed python2.6 and pywin32-214
. but when i try to run my app i get this error :
...  "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\serial\serialwin32.py", line 9, in
<module>
   import win32file
ImportError : No module named win32file

i tried to search win32file in pywin32 but couldn't find it !
i just copied content of build directory to site-packages ...
does win32file renamed/moved to another module ?
BTW : i'm not so familiar with windows package installations

thanks for your attentions ...

--
زندگی زنگ تفریحی کوتاه است
یادمان باشد زنگ بعد حساب داریم