[python-win32] handle is invalid?

sudheer sivathasan sudheer_87 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 21 11:17:23 CEST 2009

Hey guys,

Another quick question. I'm still trying to do the thing in the email below. But this time im trying to use the win32api.GetModuleFileName function. It requires a PyHandle as an input which I think I've managed to get by using the function handle = w.FindWindow(0,str(w.GetWindowText(w.GetForegroundWindow()))) where handle would serve as the input to the win32api.GetModuleFileName function and w = win32gui. However I'm getting a 'the handle is invalid' error. Something I'm doing must be wrong. I figure if I can get the filename associated with the open window, I can just run a search for it through python. I'm sure there is an easier way to perform the stuff in the email below though. Could any of you guys please help me out with this? Thanks.

Regards,

Sudheer

PS: Is there a way to use GetFullPathName to find the path of the .exe file?