[python-win32] timeout in DDE function call

Patrick Janssen patrick at janssen.name
Mon Jul 13 12:38:52 CEST 2009

Hi all,

We are having some trouble with a DDE timeout. When we call a function
through DDE like this (see below), then we get an "Exec failed" error.
The function being called takes a few minutes to execute, and my guess
is that this is a timeout error - it seems to occur after one minute.
Does anyone know how to reset this timeout? We would like to set it to
infinity.

import win32ui
import win32api
import dde

server = dde.CreateServer()
server.Create("Ecotect-Server")
conversation = dde.CreateConversation(server)
conversation.ConnectTo("Ecotect", "request")
#set arg_str
conversation.Exec(arg_str)

Thanks
Patrick