[python-win32] python-win32 Digest, Vol 76, Issue 13

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 19:56:20 CEST 2009

>  Message: 1
>  Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 22:20:56 +0100
>  From: Tim Golden <mail at timgolden.me.uk>
>  Cc: python-win32 at python.org
>  Subject: Re: [python-win32] Python parser for Windows Event Logs
>

>  Let me know if you need help getting the data out in
>  the first place; I'm not clear whether you've got that
>  covered or not. (And whether you want to be notified
>  when the event fires or whether you're merely scanning
>  historically).

I can get the data with the struct module, but would prefer your
wrapper if possible.

The systems which I am testing do not have network connections, so I
have to save the
system logs manually to a USB drive and copy them to my development system.

Is there a way with winsys to open a logfile, WITHOUT having to pass a
system name as the first argument? I don't want to process the system
log of my development system, I want to process a system log that I've
copied from the test system. That logfile is in some arbitrary
directory, on my development system.