[python-win32] DDE advise

Leho Kraav leho at kraav.com
Sat Jul 4 13:24:21 CEST 2009

Hi

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2008-October/008252.html

Looks like I'm gravedigging a bit, but this one had no replies:
> Hello everyone
> Does anybody know how to use a DDE server that implements Advise mechanism
> instead of Request?
>
> Best regards
> Mani

I could also use the Advise mechanism with PyWin32 in a project, yet
everything I tried to do in code failed to get any data sent back with
Advise. Examining PyWin32 dde module source code showed there are some
references to the Advise mechanism, but no clear explanation whether it
is or is not fully supported. Can anyone clarify?