[python-win32] Reading constants

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Tue Jan 27 17:55:03 CET 2009

Hiya,

I'm pretty new to COM but fairly used to Python. Still got most things
to work just struggling a little with reading a constant.

I'm currently scripting Adobe InDesign (CS4) where I create a
document, export a PDF and close it withouth saving. All the
documentation I've come across refers to a SaveOptions constant (yes
or no) that I presumably can extract from InDesign somehow. While I
have managed to come across the right value for this constant:

http://www.indesignscriptingreference.com/CS3/JavaScript/SaveOptions-enum.htm

it's also pretty clear to me that this might break easily and isn't
quite the correct way of doing this. I've read about using
introspection to generate the constants in win32com.client but haven't
been able to get this to work. Is this a once only procedure or is it
possible at run time?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Charlie
--