[python-win32] User transparent authentication with PDC

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 00:04:47 CET 2009

On 21/01/2009 3:35 AM, le dahut wrote:

> I thought using some sort of NTLM like in squid. Your example deals with
> NTLM but reading "Lib/site-packages/win32/lib/sspi.py" I don't
> understand everything.
 >
 > Can you enlight me ?

In general, NTLM auth is tricky, but enlightenment can probably only
come from reading the MSDN articles on the various functions used.  But
in summary, the auth-process is multi-step - generate a request token,
get a response token, generate another request token from that response,
then get a final response with the final auth token.  At the end if
this, all you get is a token which identifies the user, and depending on
a number of things, the ability to impersonate that user.

Cheers,

Mark