[python-win32] Dispatching a win32com from within a win32service

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Jan 20 00:45:14 CET 2009

Richard Zinn wrote:

> I've got an python app that I'm trying to access the iTunes com API
> with, and this app runs as a Windows service.  When I run it I get
> these GetGoodDispatchAndUserName errors.  I think it ends up being
> related to the service not having security access to the Com
> interface?  I've tried setting the --username --password params when I
> start the service like so:

This error, 80080005, can be caused by a timeout when starting an
external COM server..  iTunes happens to take a long time to start up.

Are you trying to run this before login?  There's an issue here, in that
iTunes needs to display a user interface, which it can't really do until
someone has logged in,

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com