[python-win32] [pywin32-checkins] py3k status

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 17:50:55 CET 2009

Okay, I will proceed using the hypothesis that the problem is in the python
time module and not in adodbapi, and that a fix is unimportant. The
workaround is simple: do nothing! Adodbapi will use datetime.datetime by
default. Only if you explicitly ask it to switch over to the old python time
format will it actually use this convertion, so only antipodeans actually
asking to use the obsolete time encoding are affected.
  I will note this as a restriction and check in the code without attempting
to fix this problem at this time. Later I'll find a fix to do this
convertion without calling time.gmtime(). Intrestingly, this was also a
problem in IronPython. I had to file two separate bug reports to get
time.gmtime working there.
--
Vernon