[python-win32] odbc version

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 15:34:33 CET 2009

Robin:
  A quick reminder -- odbc (in pywin32) is db api version 1.0 compliant.
  adodbapi is db api version 2.0 compliant, and uses odbc DSN connections by
default if you use a simple connection string.
Select your db module by deciding what level of api compliance you need.

If you use adodbapi, the module will return datetime.datetime by default.
You can request time.datetime (let the programmer beware) or mxdatetime if
you wish.

I cannot give an authoritative answer for odbc (sorry).
--
Vernon