[python-win32] Formatting parts of an excel cell

Baehr, Manuel Manuel.Baehr at comsoft.aero
Sat Apr 25 09:28:27 CEST 2009

Hi John,

> Check out the thread "Multiple formats in a cell" in this
> group around 2009-03-06.

thanks for the link! However, I can't use xlwt (and xlrd) because I have
to modify an existing excel sheet containing macros. Therefore I used
the "win32com" module in python under Windows. This works pretty fine
except for my original problem.

Any idea how to do it using win32com? So far I only know how to set
properties of an entire cell.

cell.Font.ColorIndex = 6

But as I said, I would like to do it for parts of the text of the cell
content.

Cheers,
Manuel