[python-win32] Error 1789 during logon, except not really called

le dahut le.dahut at laposte.net
Fri Mar 14 16:40:34 CET 2008

What strange is is that:

try:
   wsec.LookupAccountName(...)
except:
   print 'Error'

shows :
- a traceback, as if I didn't put LookupAccountName in a try/except
statement
- the string 'error' so the program has also switched to except as if
the try/except has been correctly interpreted

So we can say that I get the two behaviours in one. At the exception
that the traceback is not complete, it only talks about the line
containing LookupAccountName, not entire traceback (the caller function
and its parents).