[python-win32] Querying the VNC Service fails sometimes

Mike Driscoll mdriscoll at co.marshall.ia.us
Wed Jun 25 15:23:00 CEST 2008

Mark,

>> fter upgrading to 211, I am getting
>> an
>> import error on my wx module. Are these tied together in some weird
>> way?
>>

> Not that I can think of, and build 211 didn't add any funky new import
> tricks or anything.  However, build 211 is packing the MFC DLL now, so
> *that* could be related - try removing the MFC that is installed in the
> site-packages\pythonwin directory.  What does the import error say?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

I still don't know what caused the error exactly, but I got it fixed by
deleting the wx install and reinstalling it. I did the same with ctypes
as it was giving me version mis-match issues.

I don't know why I was so absent-minded yesterday. But for completeness,
here's the traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "\\path\to\my\scripts\Utilities\SoScripts.py", line 105, in ?
    import printer_dlg
  File "\\path\to\my\scripts\printer_dlg.py", line 12, in ?
    import wx
ImportError: No module named wx

Thanks for all the tips, guys.

Mike