[python-win32] pywin32 build 211 released

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Jun 10 01:20:42 CEST 2008

> I encounter a problem when trying to install it. I get prompted by a
> secure window (a window with some keys icons) asking me if I want to
> run
> it with my account with(out) security against virus or with another
> account.
> None of the 3 possibilities works for me. Any idea ?

When you say none of the possibilities work, how exactly do they fail?

I'm sure I could extend the OS check to only attempt elevation on XP with
SP1, but it would be nice to have a better understanding of the failure
before doing that (eg, while testing this, I found Win2k also seems to
support the 'runas' ShellExecute API - but it behaves slightly differently,
and IsUserAnAdmin() isn't available.  So if it (basically) works on Win2k,
I'd be surprised it fails worse on XP without SP1.

Cheers,