[python-win32] Running Python + pywin32 portably

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Jul 4 14:44:08 CEST 2008

Paul Moore wrote:
> On 04/07/2008, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Movable Python comes with the Pywin32 extensions.
>>
>> http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/movpy/
>>

> Thanks. Does that mean that out of the box pywin32 works portably, or
> were changes needed for Movable Python? (I don't want to use Movable
> Python itself, for reasons that aren't really relevant here).
>
> Paul.

I can't remember the precise hacks I needed to make. I think that was
more to do with getting it to work with py2exe rather than anything to
do with being portable.

It is certainly worth *trying* portably and seeing what problems you
encounter - I *Suspect* they will be minimal.

Michael Foord

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/