[python-win32] Running Python + pywin32 portably

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 12:59:36 CEST 2008

Is it possible to run Python and pywin32 portably (ie, in a
configuration I can copy from one machine to another without rble with
Pytstaller)?

I know it's possible with Python - but does pywin32 "work" if the
postinstall hasn't been run? Specifically, I don't care about
embedding Python, or about creating COM servers or services, but I do
want to be able to run "normal" Python scripts and COM clients.

I could try it and see, but I don't currently have access to a machine
which hasn't got Python+Pywin32 installed :-)

Thanks,
Paul.