[python-win32] LP_WNDCLASS vs pointer to WNDCLASS

Henry Baxter henry.baxter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 02:47:41 CET 2008

Hello,

I keep getting this error, and I cannot figure out why. I have code that
registers a window class that works, and code that does not. Both bits of
code create a WNDCLASS, both use byref(thewndclassinstance), both make sure
there is always a reference to the window class structure instance to ensure
it is not destroyed. Here is the error.

ctypes.ArgumentError: argument 1: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: expected
LP_WND
CLASS instance instead of pointer to WNDCLASS

Why would byref sometimes create an LP_WNDCLASS, and sometimes a 'pointer to
WNDCLASS'?

--
Henry