[python-win32] Suitability of PyWin32 to manipulate windows

Torbjørn Kristoffersen sgt at rasterburn.org
Mon Jan 14 13:05:17 CET 2008

Hello, I'm not very familiar with Windows programming, so I would very much
like some advice here.

My goal is to start two programs from Python in Windows. These two windows
will be maximized and cover the entire screen.

Is Pywin32 capable of keeping track of these two programs, and control them in
such a way that they can be focused (i.e. become the window on top, covering the
other window) from my Python program?

Would appreciate any kind of advice on how to start. Windows isn't really my
territory, as I've only programmed on various Unix clones, so forgive my
ignorance.

Kind regards,
Torbjorn Kristoffersen