[python-win32] Post Message

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Dec 17 22:17:41 CET 2008

Ferdinand Sousa wrote:

> Actually, I am using COM to control Adobe Acrobat 7. I searched high
> and low for methods to enable pdfs for commenting in Adobe Reader, and
> the only method I could find was to execute the appropriate menu item
> in Acrobat. I did all this in COM. The problem is that once that
> option is executed, the Save As dialog pops up. Now, I am able to
> click the Save button (as mentioned in my previous mail).

Have you downloaded the Adobe "Interapplication Communication API
Reference" document that describes the COM interface to Acrobat?  The
AcroExch.PDDoc interface includes a "Save" method to save the file.  I
don't immediately see how annotations are enabled; is that one of the
keys in the "Info" dictionary?

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com