[python-win32] Wanted to get many kind of infos through Active directory.

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Apr 1 16:34:28 CEST 2008

Khalid MOULFI wrote:
> we have an active directory on win2000. We use Python 2.2.1.

Thanks for reminding me about this, Khalid. I didn't notice
before [in private email] that you were using Python 2.2.1.
In short I don't think I was considering pre-2.4 installations
when I wrote the code. This really should be noted on the web page.
I'll come back to that in a moment. You definitely want to use the
latest version, by the way; there are a lot of differences.
(Improvements, I hope).

OK. I've had a look at backporting the code. It's really quite
hard. Not impossible, given time, but I've been very free with
things like dict (a=1, b=2) as well as sets and the datetime
module. None of it's insurmountable, and if you really can't
upgrade I'll have a go at making the whole thing work under
2.2, but only if you have no choice :)

Let me know

TJG