[python-win32] Python COM Server, C++ Client - How ???

Ryan Ginstrom translation at ginstrom.com
Sat Sep 22 11:45:40 CEST 2007

> [mailto:python-win32-bounces at python.org] On Behalf Of Aviel, Gal
> After searching for two days now, I could not find a simple
> recepie to on how to connect to a python local com server
> (exe) from a C++ client (VC6.0). Note that eventually I would
> want to package my server using py2exe, however even without
> this step - it doesn't work.

I don't have an answer for this (and I hope somebody who does have the
answer will respond), but a way around this is to use late binding from C++.
I have a C++ class that wraps an IDispatch pointer and makes it relatively
painless.

Let me know if you want it, and I'll post it somewhere.

Regards,
Ryan Ginstrom