[python-win32] Debugging Advice

Emlyn Jones emlynj at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 19:20:42 CET 2007

Hello,
I'm running a web application using a set of Windows services written
in Python and a front end using ASP/Python. For historical reasons the
interface between the ASP and the services uses the SoapPy package
(using the built in threaded server with a little 'hack' to use
HTTPConnection rather than HTTP). Every now and then the http
connection between the services and the ASP breaks, I'll get a bad set
of headers or an empty response. I can paper over this by retrying the
call when the error happens but I'd like to get to the bottom of the
problem.
Has anybody come across socket/httplib problem like this on a Windows machine?
Does anybody have any advice on a good way to debug this threaded
client/server interaction?
I'm guessing it's load related but I've not seen any significant
resource usage, is there something specific I should keep and eye on?
Any pointers greatfully received (expect for "don't use SOAPpy",
unfortunately that's not an option at the moment).

Regards,
Emlyn.