[python-win32] How to Tell Windows that a file Changed

Gregory Piñero gregpinero at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 16:28:30 CET 2007

Hi guys,

Here's the situation, I'm hoping Python-win32 can help.

I have a program that puts files to be OCR'd into a directory where
Omnipage sees them and then performs OCR on them.  Everything was
working great, until yesterday when Omnipage stopped "seeing" files
added to the folder.

What's odd though is that if I manually place a file in the folder
Omnipage sees it.  So I'm wondering if I can use Python and (the
windows API) to tell the OS that I've placed a file in the folder?
(I'm on Windows 2000 professional if that matters)

Thanks in advance for any help or tips.

-Greg