[python-win32] Office Research Task Pane from Python

Mickel Grönroos mickel.gronroos at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 11:46:14 CEST 2007

Hi!

I am thinking about fiddling with the Research Task Pane in Microsoft
Office using Python. The goal is to create a simple, generic module
that can be used for building various web services (in Python) for the
Research Task Pane. Basically the module should implement the
Registration and Query functions required by Office and handle the
SOAP traffic to and from the client (which is the Research Task Pane).

Does anyone on the list have good pointers or Python code
snippets/modules for doing this? I have found a lot of hello world
examples in VB and C# on the web, but nothing for Python.

(Sorry for cross-posting; I posted a similar question to the regular
python-list a few weeks ago.)

Best regards and much obliged,

Mickel Grönroos
Helsinki