[python-win32] Starting a process in unbuffered mode using Python 2.3

Tor Erik Sønvisen torerik81 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 16:08:23 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have this problem with piping stdin and stdout of a child process in
windows. The basic problem is that I'm unable to start the child
process in unbuffered mode. I've tried os.popen3 with bufsize=0, but
then I get en Exception saying that bufsize must be -1 (no size
restriction). If the child process is a python script, one execute it
with the -u option, which causes the script to run unbuffered. Sadly,
that doesn't help since my child process is no python script. Also, in
2.3 you don't have access to the excellent subprocess module
introduced in 2.4...

I suspect, I'll need to use pywin32 for this... So if anyone could
help, I'd appreciate it.

-TE