[python-win32] wrapping objects from a COM server

Jonathan LaCour jonathan-lists at cleverdevil.org
Tue Jan 23 23:33:25 CET 2007

I am writing my first COM Server using the wonderful win32 extensions,
and am running into a bit of an annoyance.  My COM Server is using a
dynamic policy by implementing `_dynamic_` to act as a proxy to some
Python modules, very similarly to the Python String wrapper described
in the Python Programming on Win32 book in Chapter 12.

However, my proxied modules tend to return more than basic Python
types.  They can also return Python objects.  I have made it so that
all of the Python objects that are returned will always have the
`_public_attrs_` and `_public_methods_` attributes properly set, but
I am still having to walk through arbitrary data structures and
manually wrap every single Python object instance, which is a big
pain and I am hitting edge cases where I am not totally able to walk
the object structures.

Is there a way that I can automatically have this happen for me, so
that `win32com.server.util.wrap` will automatically be called on the
way out of a method?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

--
Jonathan LaCour
http://cleverdevil.org