[python-win32] PyWin32 - PostMessage return value

Roel Schroeven rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 21 11:15:32 CET 2007

jbd schreef:
> I create a process via the CreateProcess function, and i wait using
> WaitForInputIdle to be sure that the process is in ready state, it works
> well (ie: the process is launched). I send a message via PostMessage and
> i'd like to know if the command had been correctly processed, and i don't
> know how to do it.

I think you should use SendMessage or SendMessageTimeout instead of
PostMessage. SendMessage blocks until the message has been processed,
and it returns an LRESULT which is the return value of the window
procedure that processed the message (I think). That could be used to
determine success or failure.

Roel Schroeven