[python-win32] Notification of standby/hibernate

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Feb 8 10:33:15 CET 2007

Steve Freitas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to the list (and Win32 programming) and glad to be here.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Win32 in Python!

> I've got a Python app that's running as a Windows Service. I'd like it
> to be paused and continued (or possibly stopped and started, haven't
> quite decided yet) when the machine it's installed on enters Standby or
> Hibernate mode. Can anybody point me in the right direction so I can
> learn how to register to receive those events and handle them within my
> service script?

Someone asked something quite similar on c.l.py recently:

http://tinyurl.com/227f2c

The second responder does point out that the whole point
of the suspend/hibernate operations is that the programmer
doesn't have to do anything: his program state is saved and
restored transparently. But I assume you know what you're
about...

TJG