[python-win32] Scheduling python COM scripts

Li Quid liquid at techie.com
Wed Feb 7 16:52:56 CET 2007

Hi everyone, I'm trying to schedule a task using windows scheduled tasks
for a python COM script.  The script runs from a normal command line
(cscript.exe PhatPod.pys).  When the scheduled tasks manager runs the
task, however, I get the following error: Microsoft (R) Windows Script
Host Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

pythoncom error: PythonCOM Server - The 'win32com.server.policy' module
could not be loaded.

exceptions.ImportError: No module named win32com.server.policy
pythoncom error: CPyFactory::CreateInstance failed to create instance.
(80004005)
CScript Error: Can't find script engine "Python" for script
"C:\Alden\src\Apps\PhatPod\PhatPod.pys".

Does anybody know what causes this?  Thanks.