[python-win32] isapi + django

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat Sep 9 02:36:41 CEST 2006

Hi Robin,

> I thought I'd check here in case anyone has already connected
> django to IIS.
>

> I tried the PyISAPIe, but it doesn't do what django needs and
> I guess I should
> have looked around at win32 before doing that.
>
> It seems the isapi stuff will do what I want and there's
> already a model of
> mapping the ISAPI stuff to a python dispatcher at
>
> http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoin_ISAPI
>
> Does anyone know if that works as advertised?

It should.  The isapi extensions in pywin32 are quite stable and very much
alive.  I'd be happy to help address any ISAPI specific issues that are
found.

> I'm really not
> familiar with ISAPI
> terminology, but I can sort of follow that program. Am I
> right in thinking that
> the install phase somehow creates the dll etc etc?

Yeah - pywin32 comes with an ISAPI 'stub'.  When a specific extension is
installed, that stub is copied and delegates to a Python module with the
same name.  In the pywin32 isapi/samples directory, you will find a trivial
little 'proxy' application you can experiment with.

Mark.