[python-win32] Pythoncom error with Excel

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 14:07:57 CET 2006

Hi all,

    I have built a script that communicates with Excel and plots some
data using win32com. Everything goes fine as long as the data series
do not contain many points. If I have more that few points (let's say
50 points to plot), I get this error:

(-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (0, 'Microsoft Office Excel', 'Unable to
set the XValues property of the Series class', 'C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft
Office\\OFFICE11\\1033\\xlmain11.chm', 0, -2146827284), None)

I am trying to plot 50 dates (from 2006 to 2060) with their
corresponding data point. Is there a maximum number of points that can
be passed to Excel? Is there any limitation in this sense? What could
I do to overcome this limitations?

Thank you very much.

--
Andrea.