[python-win32] Excel COM-object for cursor position

Bob Gailer bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Thu Nov 23 03:18:24 CET 2006

Rikard Bosnjakovic wrote:
> I am going to add data row wise to Excel. Doing it manually, it would
> be like this:

> The TAB makes the cursor go to the next cell in the row, and the
> RETURN makes the cursor go to the next row, in the same column as the
> first cell.
>
> Now I need to do this in Python, but I cannot find any docs of how to
> get the x,y-coords of the cursor, nor how to move the cursor one cell
> at a time (i.e. in a relatively way).
>
> Anyone got some pointers for me?

There are several ways to get stuff from Python into Excel. They include
(but not limited to) running Excel as a com object or creating a file
that will be read by Excel. What steps have you taken so far? We can
help better if we know what route you're taking and how far along you are.

--
Bob Gailer
510-978-4454