[python-win32] Win32_GroupUser

Tim Golden Tim.Golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 09:47:43 CET 2006

[James Matthews]

[... re WMI Win32_GroupUser etc. ]

> There should be a central site with all this information!

Well, not that I disagree with you as such, but it depends
on what exactly your "all this" encompasses. ;)

Nearly all of the questions to the list about WMI are
really WMI questions, and not Python or Python/WMI
specific. This one was a bit different because the
answer relied somewhat on the workings of the wmi
module.

If you're after WMI info in general, msdn is the place
I start for simple "How do I use this class?" or
"What are the methods / parameters for this class?" queries:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/pnppwr/wmi/default.mspx

Then it's down to the Google Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi?lnk
=lr

or any one of the myriad other resources and examples
around the internet:

http://www.google.com/search?q=wmi+enumerate+group+members

If it's specifics about the Python wmi module, then
obviously I *do* have to bow my head in shame somewhat
and admit that my fledgeling tutorial is taking a *very*
long time to come up with.

Meanwhile, though, there is the cookbook on my site,
which does at least give a certain range of examples:

http://timgolden.me.uk/python/wmi_cookbook.html

I generally try to use the questions to the list
as the starting point for cookbook "recipes". I'll
try to put this one in.

TJG