[python-win32] Try to got short path for files - but got error...

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-p32 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon May 29 19:14:40 CEST 2006

At Monday 29/5/2006 08:01, DurumDara wrote:

>Ok, I found the error in FSUM, but the question is remaining in opened
>state,
>because every of the solutions are little complex, chaotic, or not
>speeding up
>my code.
>The main question - the parameterizing of subprocess (wroted by another
>developer)
>with unicode filenames, and the short path "misery"...

I've checked the FSUM homepage and it says:

- FSUM is *not* a DOS program, but a console program for Windows
95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP. So in principle you are not limited to short
file names, you could pass it the LONG filename (perhaps enclosed in
double quotes).

- FSUM is just a wrapper around the QuickHash library. They provide a
TypeLibrary and a standalone DLL. You should be able to use win32com
or ctypes to access them.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL