[python-win32] Control IE with COM: how to get at drop down menus?

Mark Mc Mahon mark.m.mcmahon at gmail.com
Thu May 18 17:03:23 CEST 2006

Hi Jamil,

I have a couple of suggestions...

You could look at my package "pywinauto", but that is probably
overkill for your problem - and it doesn't deal nicely with IE menu's
(as they do not expose their text easily).

I would suggest that you look at SendKeys (google for
SendKeys/Python). That would allow you to easily send keystrokes to
IE. (you would just have to ensure that it is the foreground
application - or set it as the foreground application before sending
the keystrokes).

Thanks
   Mark